Saturday, April 30, 2011

Montana

I leave in a little over a week for Montana, big sky country.  Woot woot!

It is a complete new beginning-a new job, new home, new friends, new surroundings.  I do not know anyone out there.  My feelings? 90% excited, 5% nervous, 5% anxious to be leaving all my family and friends back home and at Hope.

So that brings me to packing.  My limit is how much my Honda CRV will fit.  I decided to try and limit my packing to 75 different items.  "Different" meaning duplicates do not count-all of my underwear count as one item, thank goodness.  If not, my socks, underwear, and t-shirts alone would sink me.

I want to simplify my life, and this will make me decide what is really necessary.  How many different items can one person possibly "need" to live?  How many items do I typically need on a given day?  I hope not that many.  So far my list has about 25 items, which only includes electronics, camping items, and toiletries.  The toiletries are really killing me-floss, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.-tiny items that my list counts as an item of equal importance to, say, a tent.  Rules are rules though.

No comments:

Post a Comment