Monday, March 10, 2014

Hibernation/Hiatus (laziness?)

Alright, I have neglected to write for more than two months.  And have no excuses.  Work is consistently under forty hours, and the rest of my time is consumed by reading and skiing.  As you can tell, my life is rough.  Especially when I get to wake up to views like the one below.


And finish my days with sunsets like this.


Anyway, here are some more photos to make up for my hiatus.  The Big Sky State lends itself to photography, all you have to do is get outside and the moments will present themselves.






The funny looking vertical rainbow in the picture below is called a sundog.  Similar to its vapory cousin, the rainbow, a sundog is formed by light reflecting off ice crystals floating around in the air.


It truly is a winter wonderland out here, although we have already started the tumultuous transition to spring, with flooding at lower elevations.  Personally though, I would not mind if winter stuck around for another couple of weeks.  Definitely in the minority on that one.  In the meantime, I will try and write some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment